Friday 6 April 2007

Bright futures

After what turned out to be a very maundy Thursday indeed, today I set out (with intrepid travelling companioness) for the parents' new alpine chalet. Sayonara, Thornbury; konichiwa, Bright.

So, this post brought to you by V-line, fresh mountain air, and - following a lengthy discussion with my mother about my plans to join the Women's Christian Temperance Union (Melbourne chapter) - a bowl full of brandy and blueberries.

I don't have anything much to say for myself, having spent the better part of the day gawping at pine forests, taking photos of golden willows, and rivers, and willows and rivers. And slurping up brandy. Am feeling consequently sated of sense and ever so slightly brandied of brain. Um. Ummmm. Oh yes: the bidding on the telly has crept up to $1825. Now would be a perfect moment to break into Hôtel Harlot and steal it (but please don't). And oh yes again: Monday will mark the 2 month anniversary of my descent unto the 'Bourne, and I'm proud to announce that thrift and frugality win the day: which is to say, the household (comprising me, and the odd guest) has consumed 9 rolls of toilet paper in those two months, averaging out to one roll per week. Here I think we at Hôtel Harlot set something of a national standard.

6 comments:

JahTeh said...

'Averaging one roll a week', obviously a folder not a scruncher.

TimT said...

Huzzah! I hope you're having a capital time in this Capital City, even if I am resorting to making such awful puns as that!

Alexis, Baron von Harlot said...

Ha! A capital city indeed, although I have sneakily absconded for the weekend to the capital countryside, to reacquaint myself with Wilbur the Wonderdog and my kith and kin.

JT, somewhere between a fold and a scrunch. My main toilet paper conservation strategy is to excrete early and excrete often - once I've gotten to work.

TimT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TimT said...

Comment deleted on grounds of disgustingness. I blame the hallucinogenic qualities of boxed Italian candy.

Alexis, Baron von Harlot said...

I wouldn't fret too much over disgustingness. A fellow on the train from Wangaratta last night struck up conversation, and within half an hour I had introduced the subjects of intestinal parasites, syphilis, and the unanaesthetised castration of bull calves.