Tuesday, 19 December 2006

My vacuum cleaner sucks

But not very well. If you have a spare functional vacuum cleaner and would like to trade for my dog walking services, elementary yodelling lessons, a sizeable collection of used Australian 1988 35c postage stamps, or your very own personalised limerick, sign below. Thanks.

In other news: no. of snail sightings since 9 am yesterday, 0; no. of consecutive days of continuous unwashed jeans wearing, 17; no. of consecutive days of continuous unwashed jeans wearing to go until I beat the official world record, 3789; sleeps til xxxmas, 6.

6 comments:

TimT said...

I don't know about a personalised limerick. How about a personalised villanelle? We don't have enough of those things nowadays.

There's always a sestina, too, of course, but McSweeneys seems to have cornered the market in them.

alexis said...

For a fully functional vacuum cleaner, I'd be prepared to compose in a verse form of your choice, not exceeding 50 lines.

Trochaic tetrameter ahoy!

TimT said...

How about the Clerihew?

Samuel Coleridge-Taylor
Had a fondness for sesquipadalia
That was shared by Ms. H. (Alexis)
Who was, nevertheless, not so much of a sexist.

TimT said...

Disclosure: I do not, in fact, have a vacuum cleaner, although my flatmate does.

Additional disclosure: I do still have chocolate sauce.

alexis said...

Sesquipedalianisation
Is the subject of this here oration.
Even if, strictly speaking, my clerihew
Should discuss you.

That is all. I can't squander my truly magnificient versifyings on a non-vacuum-cleaner. It cheapens the currency.

As for the chocolate sauce, I'm still up for a portion (thanks), but it'll have to be quick, because I'm likely to go on a post-Christmas de-chox program.

Anonymous said...

wow gold
wow gold
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow powerleveling
wow powerleveling
wow powerleveling
World Of Warcraft power leveling
World Of Warcraft power leveling
World Of Warcraft power leveling
World Of Warcraft powerleveling
World Of Warcraft powerleveling
World Of Warcraft powerleveling
wow power level
wow power level
wow power level
cheap wow power leveling
cheap wow power leveling
cheap wow powerleveling
cheap wow powerleveling
codeheart article
Warcraft Gold
World of Warcraft Gold
cheap wow gold