Sunday 10 August 2008

Zoological mastermind, Dr Wilbur F. Harlot, assesses Homo Carrotus for signs of dog-compliance

Those of you who follow this almanac devoutly (hello, mum) will be aware that last weekend I betook myself and my trusty carpet bag up to the Ancestral Lands, hoping not only to see my progenitors, a sibling, and this noble hound, but also to prance around in the snow. I packed my mittens and everything. But despite reports all Winter long of snow this and snow that, when I arrived, the only snow to be seen was on the tippy-tops of the alps, and they were up to their armpits in cloud anyway. Then, this, today, e-thinged by mon frère, pictorial evidence of the snow that waited for me to hop on the train back to Melba, and of Wilbur, who can always be relied upon to hone in on the nearest root vegetable.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I presume Wilbur is the recipient of an honorary dogtorate?

TimT said...

Proud owner of a Bachelor of Barks, I should expect!

Alexis, Baron von Harlot said...

[Okay, I'm going to make a university-related pun on beagle and beadle, but I'm afraid it might be a bit obscure, so please just assume what I say next is funny ...]

He's the yeoman beagle!

[Haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw. Oh, hilarious.]

Alexis, Baron von Harlot said...

P.S. TimT and Anon, youse can both have chocolate frogs for those efforts.